YOUR VEGAN GOODS CAN LAST A LONG TIME WITH PROPER CARE
Cleaning and caring for your bags is easy!
To maintain your bags in the best condition possible, follow the tips below
HOW TO CARE FOR AND MAINTAIN YOUR VEGAN LEATHER BAG
Have you recently purchased a gorgeous vegan leather handbag? First off, congratulations! You’ve made an ethical buying choice, without sacrificing your amazing style. Because vegan leather is made to mimic animal-based leathers, the care instructions are similar on many points, but a lot simpler. To keep your bag in the best condition possible, you’ll want to follow the instructions below on how to care for your vegan leather bags.
Did you know that coconut oil is an easy, eco-friendly way to maintain your vegan leather bag/makeup bag?
Keeping your bag polished and moisturized with a bit of coconut oil can not only extend the life of your purse but it also actively works to prevent cracking
HOW TO CLEAN VEGAN LEATHER & NYLON
To maintain your bag in the best condition possible, follow the tips below
- Empty out the bag/cosmetic bag
- Mix water with a small amount of mild dish soap or mild laundry detergent
- Dip a soft white cloth into the mixture (using a white cloth can help prevent any color transfer to the bag)
- Test the mixture on a small portion of the handbag or the strap if possible. Make sure there’s no discoloration before applying the mixture to the actual stain
- Gently wash the stain by hand using the cloth
- Let your bag air dry completely. If you put the bag away before it is dry, you could end up with mold and bacteria growth in the surface. If placed outside, make sure it is out of direct sunlight
THE WAXED CANVAS REVIVAL IS REAL!
MAINTAIN YOUR DRY WAXED CANVAS
A waxed canvas bag can handle any adventure you throw its way
It takes all the best features of canvas and then adds some valuable features
It can receive water on the surface, but not soak in. The main feature of waxed canvas is its durability. It’s naturally water-resistant, it’s breathable, and over time, the waxed canvas can even develop a patina
Waxed canvas bags look better the more you use them, and the scuffs and marks they pick up along the way add character
Wash sparingly, and enjoy the adventures!
Using any of the below methods will break down the wax coating, compromise the finish and water resistance, and leave you with a plain canvas bag